A CPR Instructor Certification renewal is essential to keep your certification up-to-date. It allows you to refresh your memory, and you’ll renew your skills. It’s often difficult to know where to start. We’re here to help. In this article, you’ll learn about your eligibility for CPR instructor certification renewal with Prime Medical Training, as well as the skill proficiencies that will be required of you.
You’ll also discover the most suitable payment options for you and the required materials for the preparation.
CPR Instructor Renewal Requirements
A CPR instructor certification is good for two years at which point you’ll need to follow the below process to renew your certification.
To be eligible to renew a certification, an instructor must have completed:
- Teaching four classes within the previous two years.
- Be monitored teaching a class by an accredited American Heart Association Training Center.
- Performing the skills of CPR for both adult and infant.
- Passing the written exam with 84% or higher.
In addition to the above requirements, you’ll have to proficient in the following skills:
For BLS Instructors
- One rescuer adult CPR
- Two rescuer adult CPR with AED
- One rescuer infant CPR
- Two rescuer infant CPR
For HeartSaver Instructors
- Lay rescuer adult CPR
- Lay rescuer infant CPR
- Relief of choking
- Finding the Problem
- EpiPen administration
- Control of severe bleeding
Some training centers may also require you to attend a renewal class. However, this is not an AHA requirement, and it is not permitted to take the place of the above requirements.
Payment Options for the Renewal of Certification
Generally, to renew your instructor certification, you’ll pay between $100 and $250 every two years. Some training centers may break their fee into two payment due annually.
How to prepare for the renewal of certification?
To prepare for renewal courses and pass renewal classes, you must practice all your CPR and First Aid skills. This will refresh your skills and keep you up-to-date, ensuring that you’ll be able to pass.
You’ll also have to work through all your BLS and HeartSaver course materials. These include:
- AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers Instructor Manual
- AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual
- AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers Course DVD
For course instructors who want to offer HealthSaver courses, the following course materials are required for teaching:
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED Instructor Manual
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED DVD set
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED Student Manual
If you need help renewing your CPR instructor certification, or are interested in aligning with our AHA Training Center, please contact us for more help.